Big Fresh Cafe in Framingham, MA is exactly that! Big fresh food with lots of integrity!! Me and my buddy found this place on Local Harvest and on Tuesday night we were off to scope out the place. It was so worth the 30 min drive from our hotel. I loved the place from the moment I walked in, the big community board by the front door listing farmers and local landscapers and articles celebrating their community.
Next was the great menu full of healthy organic items and just had to order more than one entree. I ordered the Sweet Beet & Feta Salad and the Falafel, Hummus & Salad Plate. The salad was huge and was only $7.50. The beets were so earthy sweet that I crave in really good roasted beets and the homemade balsamic vinaigrette was smooth and really went well with the mixed greens. Next, I dove into the falafel plate and the falafels were great and fried perfectly. I couldn't stop dipping my pita bread into the house made hummus. My vegan buddy ordered the Tempeh Special: tempeh marinated and sauteed in molasses with kale and red onions, which was the winner of the night. If not cooked properly, tempeh can have a weird texture and flavor and this was so not the case at Big Fresh Cafe! The tempeh was perfect and the best I have ever eaten in a restaurant and the kale and red onions were equally irresistible and we all kept trying to steal bites when she wasn't looking.
Between the local support of their community, really healthy and organic food I will be a regular at this great cafe.
Eat Well & play hard!
I'm hungry!
ReplyDelete