Another great spot I was able to hit while in L.A. was Umami burger. I really thought I under stood the definition of Umami. When I arrived pretty late in the afternoon, around 2:00 pm, I expected to grab a seat, suck down a burger. But no... There was a 45 minute wait and there is only one of little old me, not a six top. So in order to hurry up the process a cool looking dude said that they will sit a 2 top in 20-25 so I let him know, I'm in!
We sat and turns out he is a photographer with a studio close by and shoots a lot of food and culinary shots for mags and promos. so we a lot to talk about. Once the burgers arrived, I order the Manly Burger and the Malt Liquor Tempura Onion Rings. All I can say is wow, this really is a fifth tatse and Mr. Fleischman is on his way into the Burger Hall of Fame. The bun must be grilled with some special magic sauce that seems to make the bun melt in your mouth and the smoked salt onion strings. Add the bacon lardons I just can't put into words how well that combo melted together with a beer cheddar cheese. I'll be back...
Make sure you go to the site and check it out - Umami Burger.
I've always wanted to hit up this place. It's now officially on my radar.
ReplyDelete