Monday, April 25, 2011

Chopbiscuit Easy Summer fixins: Slabby Chicken Thighs

Summer is "a" coming

As we are getting knee deep into spring and inching towards summer, I figured I would continue post some of my favorite summer recipes on Chopbiscuit. I have been throwing down on the flames at tailgates all over the country for years and have led a few Pig Roasts in North Carolina, judged Wing competitions in Buffalo and ventured in a few "Rib Cook Offs" in Texas.

Hope this will help everyone get a few ideas for their next Barbecue and enjoy Real Simple, Hearty Grub leading up to your backyard fiesta. I thought I would kick it up (literally and figuratively) with my Slabby Barbecue Chicken Thighs. For those who have not tried a great chicken barbecue, this is the easy recipe to start up your taste buds.

Slabby Chicken Thighs

1/2 Cup Dinosaur Original BBQ Sauce (Just because Dino is the best. Period)

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric

1/4 teaspoon salt

Skin chicken, if desired. In a small mixing bowl combine paprika, turmeric, and salt; rub over the chicken, Johnny Gill style.

Grill chicken (free range organic preferred) on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 20 minutes. Turn chicken; grill for 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. (Or, place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 28 to 32 minutes, turning once.) Brush with Dino BBQ sauce during the last 5 minutes of grilling or broiling.

Serve and enjoy. It's that freakin' simple.

Add On's: Thread chunks of red sweet pepper, grilled corn on the cob with garlic butter, and zucchini on skewers for a quick partner to grill with the chicken thighs.

This barbecue chicken thigh recipe will delight your friends, Johnny Gill and The Royal wedding observers  everywhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment