Thursday, April 7, 2011
Chicago Eating - sloth style
Work has brought me out to Chicago this week, one of my favorite food towns in the country. Everytime I visit Chicago I feel like I gain 10 pounds hopping off the plane. I lose all self control and turn into a gluttonous pig - meandering through the provisions like a kid at Christmas. I finally had the opportunity to visit the Girl and the Goat in Chicago last night and had one of the best food experiences in my life. Make sure to come back to check out my dining review where I will elaborate on what this restaurant is doing right in the world of flavors, combinations and environment.
This is my first post on Chopbiscuit using my iPad - so I apologize up front about any grammatical errors. Traveling peeve numero uno - Airports that charge for wireless. It's 2011, get in the game and provide this service to the traveling salesman type. Ala, me.
I will be frequenting Chi-town quite a bit this spring for a few projects and the annual NRA food show show. This show is a big "Vegas" style food porn exhibit numbing your senses as you peruse the aisles and aisles of non-sensical "things" that bow down to our big food business gods. For those who have never attended the show - make sure you have clear intent on what you're looking for or you will get lost somewhere between the Thailand smoothie taco truck or the Bhurman fusion pancake flipper guy. It's your local County Fair midway on Steroids and Four Loko.
Flight is boarding - talk to soon.
Labels:
Girl and the Goat,
NRA Show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment