Friday, November 18, 2011

Wendy's is no Roy Rodgers and/or pull my finger: Daily Links

Wait, you're still open?

We have some cool links for you today. An employee craft beer vending machine, Wendy's is actually still around and commonsense grain eating. I'm off to dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday tonight. She's nine months pregnant - so I will drink for two, or eleven.


Wendy's North American President Resigns
David Karam, president of North America for Wendy's, will be leaving the the company at the of the end of 2011. Karam intends to return to his Cedar Enterprises business, which operates 151 Wendy’s restaurants in six states.

Long before Yelp or Zagat, there was the Michelin Guide, still considered the reigning champion of restaurant ratings systems among most culinary experts. Every year for more than a century, Michelin has announced its city guides, causing restaurateurs around the world to clamor, quiver and quake over the amount of prestige their business has earned—"stars" in Michelin terms. This year is no different.

I ate at The French Laundry two nights ago. Yesterday’s lunch was lamb loin and pumpkin ravioli served overlooking plucked grapevines at the Staglin Family Vineyard in Napa Valley, and dinner was whipped up by Masaharu Morimoto (geoduck and snapper with compressed apple), Scott Conant (rabbit agnolotti with fois gras and horseradish), and Cindy Pawlcyn (“Bachelor’s Lamb Tagine”) at the Silverado Resort. I’m being fed very well at this, the inaugural Flavor Napa Valley Food Festival, so I woke up and thought: do I really need to leave my hotel room to get breakfast?

I’ve read articles about cool places to work such as Google where they have free massages and sushi lunches, Facebook which provides free laundry and daycare services, or Clif Bar which has a 40 foot rock wall and fitness center. Add to the list of cool places to work Arnold Worldwide, a Boston-based advertising agency.

Commonsense eating: The Grains of Energy
There’s nothing so controversial these days as a loaf of bread. Is it the staff of life? The harbinger of fat? A miracle of fermentation? A veritable gluten-laced poison? Are grains even fit for human consumption? How can we untangle this mess?

0 comments:

Post a Comment