For those who know me, I'm a huge Old School Beastie Boys fan. I've been a true B-boy since I first listened to Licensed To Ill back when I was 12 years old. As I've grown up through the years, it's often been to the soundtrack of Ad Rock, Mike D and MCA.The Boys recently released their newest Album, Hot Sauce Committee Part Two. If you haven't listened yet, do it now. It's a refreshing sound for us older white fella's that still have a little swagger left in us.
One of the things I love about the Beastie Boys is the use of food styling in their lyrics. So, let's count down the Top Ten Beastie Boys lyrics for food lovers.
10. "Sometimes I like to brag, sometimes I'm soft spoken, and when I'm in Holland I eat the pannenkoeken" - Super Disco Breakin' (Hello Nasty)
I like to think a New York Jew likes a good sharp cheddar, especially one from Vermont.
8. "The Patty Duke, The Wrench, and then I bust The Tango, got more rhymes than Jamaica's got mangoes." - Shake your rump (Paul's Boutique)
I'm considering making a chilled Jamaican mango soup this weekend. I will let you know how the flava' is.
7. "You're all mixed up like pasta primavera. Yo, why'd you throw that chair at Geraldo Rivera, man?" - What goes around (Paul's Boutique)
Nothing goes better with Fox News correspondent, Geraldo Rivera, than I nice Italian dish of Pasta.
6. "You shoulda' never started something you couldn't finish, 'Cause writing rhymes to me is like Popeye to spinach." Professor Booty (Check Your Head)
5. "I like my sugar with coffee and cream"- Intergalactic (Hello Nasty)
Keep it simple Ad Rock, keep it simple.
4. "Hey could you please pass me the peas, and let me get a tissue if you think you're gonna sneeze." - Rhyme the Rhyme Well (To The Five Boroughs)
I'm glad the Boys are making sure they eat their greens. Let's just hope they are farm fresh, not frozen.
3."I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast."- The Move (Hello Nasty)
Again, the Beastie Boys confessing their love for high carb breakfasts when in Western Europe. It's starting to become a theme.
2. "If you try to knock me you'll get mopped, I'll stir fry you in my wok." Intergalactic (Hello Nasty)
Lyrics so fresh, Panda Express would be jealous.
1. "I drink Brass Monkey and I rock well, I got a Castle in Brooklyn - that's where I dwell." Brass Monkey (Licenced To Ill)
What else would be number one? As a prepubescent teen, I was always inquiring about the Monkey to my older brother. I've still have yet to try it. Someday.
Brilliant, well done sir.
ReplyDelete