| Are you enjoying the blonde my dear? |
Starbucks unveils blonde roast coffee
Starbucks is going blonde. The coffee company known for its dark-roasted beans unveiled its lighter blend "Starbucks Blonde Roast" Tuesday, as it tries to reach a wider base of consumers. Starbucks has long faced criticism from people who think its coffee is too dark or bitter. The company said it developed the new roast for the large number of U.S. consumers who prefer a lighter-tasting coffee.
The 10 most controversial restaurant policies
No Kids? Screaming baby isn't everyone's favorite dining soundtrack, so in order to minimize complaints, some restaurants insist parents leave their kids at home with the sitter. While it's primarily a noise issue, it's also a safety issue. Kids are prone to run around restaurants and may get hurt in high-traffic areas where service staff are passing by quickly.
Curried Butternut Squash soup with Heirloom tomatoes (recipe - fromscratchclub)
I have made butternut squash soup many, many times, but this time needed to find a way to incorporate the tail-end of the season’s heirloom tomatoes. I had acquired a number of tomatoes from my CSA share and felt the pressure to get them consumed. I altered my usual butternut squash soup recipe to accommodate the flavors of the tomatoes and this is what I came up with.
Barlett Pear Chutney with Dried Cherries and Ginger (recipe - foodinjars)
I like my chutneys to be a little bit sweet, strongly flavored and quite acidic. As it’s written, the Bi-Rite version just didn’t give quite me what I want from a chutney (though I adored their choices in fruits and flavors). I pumped up the amount of vinegar, sugar and grated ginger, added quite a bit more liquid and quadrupled the cooking time, so that it could simmer, thicken and soften without running dry.
Fall is a season that has the word "beer" written all over it. Cool nights unleash the craving for hearty beers, whose colors mirror those of the turning leaves. Fall brews are more flavorful and more substantial than summer's bright quenchers. Colors get deeper and flavors get toastier as the tastes of the harvest table call out for malty partners. It doesn't take much to trade up to luxury in the beer world, so why not live a little? Check out one of these world-class brews next time you're cruising the six-pack aisle. From seasonal specialties to solid stand-bys, from innovative American craft brews to international ambassadors of style, autumn's finest offerings await.
Look who's back - Joanne!
I’m back with another video! I actually filmed this Cheddar Scallion Biscuits video about a week ago (you will notice I’m wearing the same clothes as the Potato Video), but I just had not gotten around to editing it until this past weekend. You may also notice that my personality is starting to come out a lot more…and if you’ve ever read my written “hehehe” in my posts, you can see what a real life Joanne “hehehe” sounds like about 3/4 through the video. I can’t help myself or hide my giddiness (and really, I don’t think I should). Thanks again for being so supportive with my video making! It’s more enjoyable filming when I know others are enjoying the clips. Enjoy! I’ll be posting a recipe tomorrow.
0 comments:
Post a Comment