Monday, July 18, 2011

Food hangover

  A light Sunday dinner at the Carberry's

I remember back in college when I would have those days where I would say, "never again, I'm done.....never again". The long nights of drinking cheap beer, wine, booze and washing it down with the late night pizza at 3am in the morning. Remember those nights?

Well, as we get a bit older I often feel that same drubbing with eating good food. This weekend was one of those gluttony sessions. A few of us inappropriately went "Comfort food crazy" eating fries, burgers, pizza and heavy sides and desserts. So, last night we kept it lean and simple. We finally grilled some corn and eggplant with a guacamole salad. One of my favorite summer side dishes is grilled corn with sprinkled with a little peri-peri.  A pretty light and stomach friendly option after a hearty weekend of heavy food. Also, I recently went on a 15 week travel bender that brought me to Saint Louis, Nashville, Chicago, San Diego (twice), and Boston. So, I'm ready to be home this week to catch up some work and fasting from airport provisions and late night dinners.

0 comments:

Post a Comment