| No dwarf for you Starbucks |
In a former life I was a small business owner. In that life, you had to make tough decisions daily. Even when you extrapolate that business ten fold to the size of the giant coffee company Starbucks, tough decisions are around every corner. In my previous life I had to fire countless dwarfs that worked in my kitchen and at my beverage counter. Well, Starbucks is paying for that decision now.
Via: (Reuters)
The U.S. government is suing Starbucks Coffee Company for firing a barista in El Paso because she is a dwarf. When the employee asked for a stool or small stepladder to perform her job, Starbucks denied the request and fired her that same day, claiming that she could be a danger to customers and workers, according to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Do you want to live in a country where you have to provide ancillary materials to dwarfs to perform their job in the food service industry? Well, if so, I'm moving to Cuba.
I kid, of course. Dwarfs should be running amok in our industries kitchens.
0 comments:
Post a Comment