Just can't wait to get on the road again.
The life I love is making music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again
Good Ole "Slick" Willie Nelson to start your morning off. Work again brings me out and about. This week I'm at a work offsite in beautiful Healdsburg, CA. If you've never been to the region, this place is a must stop. It has a great small town vibe with a vibrant local business community and an eclectic youthfulness feel. We're staying at the Hotel Healdsburg, a local chic boutique hotel right downtown. I would describe the hotel as a W style feel with out the boastful arrogance you sometimes get from the W vibe.
We had a great community style dinner last night which featured small plate style courses. I will get into the food later, but I had some great seared Kampachi with kaffir lime oil and pickled rhubarb. Yes, life could be worse.
| Hotel Healdsburg in Healdsburg, CA |
Healdsburg is located at the convergence of three of California's richest Agricultural valleys. In the center of town is the Plaza, a park where the town holds festivals, antique fairs, farmers markets and live music. It's truly a main street park that is the center of the town's thriving community spirit. There's a collection of boutiques and shops that have a city sensibility about them and some fine restaurants and bakeries. It's truly a town that has great balance for many different interests. It actually reminds me of my place of residence, Saratoga Springs, NY.
So, if you're ever thinking of making a trip out to Northern California for a lil' wine tour, make sure you take the time to tour the town and book a night at the Hotel Healdsburg - you won't regret it.
Editor's note - Oh I almost forgot, when I got back to my room last night they left me two freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on my night stand. Not too shabby eh?
0 comments:
Post a Comment